Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Who are we?
The Rotary Club of Langley Park (“the Club”) on behalf of the RCLP Charity ("the Charity") is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
To be a member of the Rotary Club of Langley Park and the Charity, we require you to provide certain personal information to us in order that we may administer your continuing membership of the Club. As a minimum, this personal data is:
- Your full name;
- Your address;
- Your e-mail address and/or your telephone number; and
- Your date of birth.
Other personal information that you provide will be entirely at your own discretion and may be added, amended or deleted via your personal 'My Account' record, which is available after securely logging into the Club website, or by request to the Club Secretary.
How do we process your personal data?
The Club and the Charity complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes, where the term "maintain" shall also mean process as defined by the GDPR regulations as and when this is necessary:
- To enable us to run events and activities;
- To administer our Online Rotary Dining Steward application
- To fundraise for charitable purposes;
- To manage our volunteers;
- To maintain records of member's and volunteer's personal abilities and skills;
- To maintain the club accounts;
- To maintain club membership records, which includes from time to time passing information required by the governing bodies of Rotary Clubs in the UK, being: Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland (RGBI), the Rotary Foundation United Kingdom (RFUK) and the RIBI Donations Trust as well as internationally either directly or through RGBI to Rotary International (RI) and Rotary Foundation, both located in the USA;
- To maintain a directory of club members solely for the use of other club members; and
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services run by the Club, or by others which we think may interest you, either by post, telephone or e-mail as appropriate.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Your explicit consent to us allowing us to use your personal data for the purposes described above.; or
- Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the Club in order to carry out the purposes above.
Subject to clause 4 above, we will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data
We keep data until we believe you no longer wish to be involved with the purposes above or you tell us you no longer want us to hold it.
Specifically, we retain gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Club holds about you;
- The right to request that the Club corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Club to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, known as the right to data portability, (where applicable);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable); and
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, raise queries or make complaints please in the first instance contact the Club Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email by clicking here or by post to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the current address being available via their website by clicking here.
Rotary Club of Langley Park and the RCLP Charity Fund (Charity Nr: 1181365)