- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions the following words shall have the meanings defined as follows:
- "Organiser" shall mean both the "Rotary Club of Langley Park" and the associated "RCLP Charity", which together are an organisational structure that as a Rotary Club is affiliated and chartered as a Rotary Club of Rotary Great Britain and Ireland (RGBI) and Rotary International (RI).
- "Event" shall mean the Langley Park Beer Festival 2019 (also referred to and known as the RCLP BeerFest and RCLP Beer Festival) that will be held at the Old Dunstonian's Sports Club, St Dunstans Lane, BR3 3SS on Friday 27 September and Saturday 28 September 2019
- "Token" or "Tokens" shall also mean "Coupon" or "Coupons".
- The Event is subject to licence(s).
- The Organiser reserves the right to refuse You an exchange of Tokens for Alcohol, or Entry/Re-entry to, and/or to Eject You from the Event. In particular but without limitation You may be refused admission to or removed from the Event for any of the following reasons:
• for health and safety or licensing reasons;
• if you smoke or vape or use any other smoking equipment inside, close to or within the confines of the Event tents, the fenced in event area, the toilets or other buildings associated with the event site;
• if You behave in a manner which has or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other persons at the Event;
• if You use threatening, abusive or insulting words or mannerisms;
• if, in the Organiser's reasonable opinion, You are intoxicated and acting unreasonably under the influence of alcohol;
• if, in the Organiser's reasonable opinion, You are acting under the influence of drugs;
• if You fail, when required, to produce proof of identity or age;
• if You refuse to comply with the Organiser's security searches;
• if You do not provide printed e-mail proof of an online purchase, together with the Original Credit/Debit card that was used to make the purchase;
• if Your online purchase was refused by your Bank/Credit Card Company;
• if You breach these Terms; and/or
• if Your Ticket is deemed by the Organiser's as void.
- If before or during the Event You have a complaint in relation to the Event (including without limitation in relation to Your ability to view the Event), please contact the Organiser since complaints are very difficult to deal with after the Event.
- Warning – Prolonged exposure to loud noise may cause damage to Your hearing. Please also be aware that strobe lighting may be used during certain Events.
- The Event operate licensed bars and You need to be over the age of 18 to buy or exchange tokens and in turn to exchange tokens for alcohol at the Event. Please be aware that if we think that You look 25 years or younger You may be asked to provide proof of identification and if You are unable to do so You will not be served alcohol.
- The Organisers reserve the absolute right to refuse to serve any Attendee with Alcohol and WITHOUT reason.
- By attending the Event, You give Your express consent to Your actual or simulated likeness being included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audio-visual recording to be exploited in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world, the copyright to which shall be owned by the Organiser or its contractors without payment or compensation. If You attend an Event with Your child aged under 18 years You give the foregoing Your express consent on their behalf. This includes filming by the police or security staff that may be carried out for the security of customers.
- Due to legal artist performance rights and royalty obligations, You cannot bring any video or audio recording equipment or any camera which is over 35mm or with a detachable lens onto the Venue site. You will not be allowed to enter the site if You bring equipment that, at the discretion of our security, infringes on these rules.
- Searching is a condition of entry. The Organiser reserves the right to conduct security searches and confiscate any item which in the opinion of the Organiser may cause danger or disruption, be a health and safety risk, not be suitable to be taken into the Event or is one of the items not permitted in the Venue as detailed in these Terms and Conditions. Anyone found in possession of illegal substances or contraband goods will be refused admission to or ejected from the Venue and may also be liable for prosecution. Any items found that may be used in an illegal or offensive manner will be confiscated, regardless of whether or not the item itself is illegal.
- You shall not bring all or any of the following into the Venue; fireworks, laser pens, laser equipment, Your own food and drink, bottles, cans or glass containers, or any item which the Organiser considers could be used as a weapon (including sharp or pointed objects such as knives, chairs and flags), items with an open flame (e.g. candles, barbeques gas/paraffin lamps, sky lanterns, camp fires, gas fires etc.).
- The venue will be cleared at the end of each day/admission session of the Festival.
- You agree that the Organiser, its servants or agents will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including Yourself) or property however caused (including by the Organiser or its servants or agents): (a) in any circumstances unless due to the negligence of the Organiser, its servants or agents; ; (b) in circumstances where such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury due to the negligence of the Organiser, its servants or agents); and/or (c) to the extent that any increase in any loss or damage results from the breach by You of any of these Terms and Conditions.
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Force Majeure” means any cause beyond the Organiser’s control including, without limitation, an act of God, war, insurrection, riot, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism, fire, explosion, flood, royal mourning, national mourning, theft of essential equipment, malicious damage, strike, lock out, weather, third party injunction, national defence requirements and/or acts or regulations of national or local governments. The Organiser will not be liable to You for failure to perform any obligation under these Terms and Conditions to the extent that the failure is caused by Force Majeure.
- You agree that the Organiser shall not be liable to You for any indirect or consequential costs, claims, actual or alleged losses howsoever arising out of or in connection with the Event and/or our obligations hereunder including, but not limited to, loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, business or opportunity, or loss of publicity or loss of reputation, or opportunity to enhance reputation, or loss of contract or other economic or consequential loss arising from the performance (or any failure to perform) these Terms and Conditions.
- The Organiser will not have any liability to You whatsoever for loss or expenses incurred in connection with the Event or any cancellation of the Event, including, without limitation, costs of any personal travel, accommodation or hospitality arrangements made relating to the Event or the cancellation of the Event.
- To the fullest extent permissible in law, the Organiser shall be entitled to assign all and any of its rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions, provided that Your rights are not adversely affected.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the rest of the provision(s) and remainder of these Terms and Conditions valid or enforceable.
- If the Organiser delays or fails to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions, it shall not mean that the Organiser has waived its right to do so.
- Any person, other than the Organiser, who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions and no action taken by You or the Organiser under these Terms and Conditions shall create, or be deemed to create, a partnership, joint venture or establish a relationship of principal and agent or any other fiduciary relationship between You and the Organiser.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties in connection with the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions and supersede any previous terms and conditions, agreement or arrangement between You and the Organiser relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall purport to exclude liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- ID and Age Restrictions:
• Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult (aged 18 or over).
• Photographic ID may be required to gain entry.
• There is a maximum of 2 under 16's per adult.
Rules of the Festival
- Illegal weapons and drugs are not permitted by law and will be confiscated, and you will be removed from the festival.
- We’re sorry but under 16s must be accompanied by an adult (18 years or over).
- A maximum of 2 under 16s may be brought along by a ticket holder aged 18 or over as long as tickets have been purchased for all entrants.
- Photographic ID might be required for all customers to gain entry to the festival, so we advise that you carry this with you and ensure that all individuals in your care also have ID.
- We will have a number of bars onsite selling alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
The Organiser operates the ‘Challenge 25’ policy. If you look under 25 please do not be offended if we ask you for proof of age when you buy alcohol. Please bring proof of ID to show you are 18 or over. We accept the following forms of Identification:
• Current UK Passport; or
• Current Driver’s License or Provisional License Plus (part of the PASS Scheme); or
• VALIDATE UK; or
- We all love a drink, but please enjoy alcohol responsibly. You don’t want to have one too many and risk ruining your day.
- Please do not buy alcohol for persons under the age of 18. If you do, you risk being ejected from the festival.
- You will ONLY be served at the Bars if you are wearing the arm band that you will be provided with upon admission to the Event.
Terms and conditions of entry
- The event organisers do not condone the excessive consumption of alcohol or the possession or use of illegal substances.
- The Event will be a managed, fenced and ticketed event enabling a stop, search and confiscation policy to be adopted. An agreed search policy has been put in place with the focus being on the health and well-being of the attendees.
- The search policy takes into account the management of queues and through flow on site. Bag searches will form the majority of searches to be undertaken, with body searches to be undertaken by Security Industry Authority licensed security staff as and when they decide to do so and entirely at their discretion.
- The Event Organiser's reserve the right to refuse admission.
- No alcoholic drinks shall be bought onto the site.
- No liquids in glass bottles shall be bought onto the site.
- Glass perfume bottles are permitted onto the site at the discretion of Security staff.
- Tickets are non-transferable, non-refundable and will scan only once to authorise admission.
- The number of Beers and Ciders on offer to event attendees cannot be guaranteed. To have the best choice of drinks you should plan to visit the event as early as possible on the Friday evening, or the Saturday afternoon sessions.
- The number of Beers and Ciders on offer to event attendees cannot be guaranteed. To have the best choice of drinks you should plan to visit the event as early as possible for either the Friday evening, or the Saturday afternoon session. Once it's gone, it's gone.
- Children and young people under 16 years are welcome to attend the Festival on Saturday afternoon from 12 noon until 7pm). To gain access they must be accompanied by a paying responsible adult over the age of 18 years.
- Children under the age of 16 are welcome to the festival when accompanied by an Adult (a responsible person over the age of 18), but
- Intoxicated minors will be refused admission and will be assisted in line with our Lost Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy.
- Intoxicated adults in charge of minors will be refused admission and the Police will be called if there are concerns regarding duty of care.
- Persons attending the Event may be photographed or recorded as part of video surveillance.
- Dogs and/or other animals will not be allowed entrance.
- Amnesty Bins will be situated at the entrance in the sterile area for people to ‘give up’ their drugs or other illegal items. If customers are found with drugs on their person after this point they will be refused entry and will be handed over to the police
- The Event is taking place on an open-field site. While there are sheltered areas (marquees), attendees shall at all times remember that the Event is being held in the open-air. Because of this, the weather and ground conditions may be variable before and during the Event and therefore in times of extreme weather, mobility on the site may become very difficult. We ask you to consider this before purchasing a ticket, particularly if you suffer from a disability that may cause you difficulty in adverse conditions.
- The Organisers cannot provide dedicated parking for Blue Badge holders.
- Please note that strobe effects may be used at the event. There will be no specific announcements prior to the use of strobes and lasers. Strobe flicker rates will be at or below 4 flashes per second.
First Aid Services
- First Aid will be provided on site to deal with minor injuries only.